In this article, we share some crucial tips to help you find the best Cosmetic Dentist.
Are chipped, discoloured, misshapen or missing teeth making you self-conscious during the moments in life you should be enjoying?
If you’re thinking about improving the appearance of your teeth, you’re in luck because cosmetic dentistry is now a mainstream option that’s never been more accessible.
In just a few visits, a cosmetic dentist can easily change the colour, position, shape, alignment and size of your teeth and completely transform your current smile into the one you’ve always wanted through a wide variety or price ranges and a number of treatments, including:
- Bleaching – A simple teeth whitening procedure to brighten discoloured or stained teeth that can be performed in a dental office or at home by the patient.
- Bonding – The procedure of filling in broken, chipped, cracked or gapped teeth with a natural tooth-coloured bonding material.
- Crown Lengthening – A minor oral surgery to remove excess gum tissue, expose more tooth surface and fix uneven gum lines and smiles that show more gums than teeth.
- Reshaping – Dental contouring or reshaping is the procedure of modifying or removing tooth enamel to improve the appearance of individual teeth.
- Veneers – Thin, custom-made plastic or porcelain shells that hide imperfections once placed over the front of discoloured or broken teeth
And because most dentists do one or more of these dental cosmetic procedures, it’s really just a matter of making the decision and finding the right cosmetic dentist for your specific needs.
What is cosmetic dentistry and is it right for you?
Traditional dentistry is all about improving the health of your teeth and gums, but if a complete smile makeover is what you’re after, you’ll be glad to know there have been major advances in cosmetic dentistry in recent years that can give you a long-lasting, natural-looking smile quick and nearly pain-free.
To get started, work with your current dentist to put together a short list of recommended cosmetic dentists and gather the relevant materials you’ll need to make a proper decision, like before and after photos and references.
Once you’ve decided, book a comprehensive examination where the two of you discuss your dental history, current situation and all the pros and cons of the specific dental cosmetic procedures needed to give you the smile of your dreams.